Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mixed Berry Pancakes

This morning I was in the mood for fruity pancakes and decided to adapt Chocolate Covered Katie's blueberry pie pancake recipe. Instead of using just blueberries, I added blueberries and strawberries for mixed berry pancakes! They were delicious. 

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • About 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
  • About 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
  • 1/3 cup flour (I used Gluten Free Bisquick Mix)
  • 2 tablespoons rolled GF oats
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2/3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
Directions:
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then mix in the wet ingredients being careful not to overmix.
  2. Cook on an oiled pan over medium heat.

Note: I actually didn't measure the fruits, I just tossed enough in the batter to my liking.

Try different fruits and fruit combinations to mix up your breakfast each morning or every time you have pancakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment