Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chia Pudding

I love chocolate pudding and after hearing about a vegan pudding that used chia seeds, I immediately decided to buy some and try this chocolate chia pudding.  What I love about chia seeds are how nutrious and filling they are.

I have tried a few varieties, and each recipe I have found varies slightly with the amount of seeds, nondairy milk, cocoa powder, sweetners, etc.  Here's some varieties I have tried:

Chocolate Chia Pudding:

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or agave
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Optional: Fruit
Directions: Mix everything together in a bowl using a whisk.  Let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.  Add fruit topping if desired. (Makes 2 servings.)


(I have also tried this recipe using So Delicious Coconut Milk instead of almond milk and that gave it an additional great tasting flavor!)



Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon agave
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon melted peanut butter OR 2 tablespoons PB2 (mixed according to directions on jar)

Directions: Mix everything together in a bowl using a whisk.  Let sit in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.  Add a fruit topping if desired. (Makes 2 servings.)
Even though I really enjoy these puddings, especially since they are filling and much more nutritious than regular pudding, I enjoy the Chocolate Avocado Pudding which is much more creamy and still on the healthier side.  But by far my favorite is the Dark Chocolate Mousse which is the creamiest and richest but not as healthy as chia or avocado, but definitely worth a tasty splurge!

No comments:

Post a Comment