Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chile Lime Hummus

I had a lime that needed to get used and I thought it would make a great addition to a hummus dip.  I was unsure of what other flavorings to add so I decided to do a quick Google search and came across a recipe that sounded interesting.  It is a Chipotle Lime Hummus, but I didn't have any chipotle seasonings so I adapted the recipe a bit and turned this hummus into Chile Lime Hummus.


This recipe is adapted from here:

Ingredients:
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 5 drops Tabasco sauce
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 1/2 tsp dried chile powder
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tsp tahini
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. In a food processor, combine chickpeas, garlic, Tabasco sauce, lime juice, chile powder, and water.
  2. Blend to form a puree, scraping down the sides as needed.
  3. When a paste has formed, add the tahini, olive oil, salt and pepper.
  4. Blend until smooth and creamy and adjust seasonings if necessary.
So far I have enjoyed dipping veggies in this hummus and spreading the hummus on a corn tortilla with black beans and salsa to make a wrap.  Both ways were delicious.  This hummus would also be great to replace sauce for pizza, to top salads, or pretty much any other way you enjoy hummus!

No comments:

Post a Comment