Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Oats

I haven't posted an oatmeal recipe in a while and considering how often I eat oatmeal, I really would like to expand my collection of my favorite recipes on here so I can easily make them again.  This recipe was very creamy and had a delicious natural sweetness to it which came from the raisins.


Once again I prepared this overnight to add volume to the oats, and have it ready to go in the morning.  However, this time I added a splash of almond milk in the morning because I was in the mood for a more creamy oatmeal rather than a thicker oatmeal (that's unusual for me haha).

I do not remember where I first saw this recipe, but here's how I made my Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Oats:

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup gf rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp raisins
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg

Directions: Combine all ingredients and heat for a minute in the microwave.  Alternatively, prepare the night before, refrigerate, then eat cold in the morning or reheat.  If desired, pour additional almond milk over top before eating.




Based on using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats, Silk PureAlmond Milk, and Peanut Butter & Company Mighty Maple Peanut Butter, this recipe yields approximately 355 calories and 8g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment