Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chocolate Banana Avocado Pudding

One of my favorite desserts to make is this Chocolate Avocado Pudding.  Whenever, I am craving something sweet and chocolaty, but want to keep it healthy, this is the dessert I turn to.  The avocado gives it the perfect creaminess and the chocolate gives me the sweet flavor I am craving.

I recently came across a recipe that included a banana into this pudding.  I love bananas and could just imagine the extra creaminess and sweetness this fruit would give the pudding.  Plus, the recipe includes cinnamon and that is one of my favorite spices; especially this time of the year!

This recipe was adapted from Edible Perspective:

Ingredients:

  • 1 small avocado
  • 1 medium banana
  • 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions:
  1. In a food processor, blend avocado and banana until smooth.
  2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and continue blending until everything is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed.
  3. Pour into 2 dessert glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
The longer this pudding sets, the thicker it gets.  I also think the banana flavor merged in perfectly the longer it set as well.  I loved the hint of banana in this pudding!  I can't wait to make this delicious treat again!



This recipe makes 2 servings.
Based on 1 serving, this recipe yields approximately 204 calories and 3g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment