Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Banana Walnut Cookies

If you have a dehydrator, this is a great recipe to make a simple, raw, and nutritious cookie!


This recipe was adapted from here.  I quadrupled the recipe so I would have extras.

Ingredients:

  • 4 bananas
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
Directions:
  1. Mash bananas.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
  3. Spoon into 40 cookies on a dehydrator sheet.
  4. Dehydrate at 115 for 8-10 hours.
After my cookies were finished in the dehydrator, I let them sit out on the counter for a day and the next day they were the perfect consistency.  These are also great portable snacks to pack and take with you for work, school, traveling, etc.


It would be fun to try adding different ingredients in these cookies, like chocolate chips, peanut butter, or different nuts!

If you don't have a dehydrator, I'm sure you can still make this cookie in the oven at a low temperature.  I haven't tried these in the oven myself though, so I am not sure what temperature the oven should be set at or for how long.

You could also just make a single serving of this recipe and eat it straight out of the bowl for a tasty snack!  Maybe even add in some peanut butter :)



Based on making 40 cookies, each cookie yields approximately 32 calories and <1g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment