Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Cookie Dough Dip

Back when I used to eat dairy products and eggs, I was definitely guilty of eating cookie dough straight from the container.  The risk of salmonella?  Totally worth it in my eyes (I was young haha).  And when I got older and knew it was not a risk worth taking, well just a tiny bit of dough wouldn't hurt, right?  Like maybe just a spoonful?  Or two?  Okay, maybe three, but that is definitely all.

Well, now that I no longer eat animal products, I do not have to worry about the risk of salmonella at all.  And the best part is I can still enjoy cookie dough!  While this recipe doesn't taste exactly like cookie dough, it definitely resembles it and is much healthier than regular cookie dough.


This recipe was adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie:

Ingredients:

  • 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple)
  • 3 tbsp coconut sugar (or more to taste)
  • 2 tbsp almond milk (or more)
  • 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (or more)
Directions:
  1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients except almond milk and chocolate chips and blend until smooth.
  2. Taste and adjust sugar to desired sweetness.
  3. Add 2 tbsp almond milk and reblend until smooth.  Add more almond milk, if needed, to reach desired consistency. (I found 2 tbsp to be the perfect amount.)
  4. With a spoon, stir in chocolate chips. 


I recommend using more coconut sugar if you want a sweeter cookie dough and maybe even increase the vanilla extract to 2 tsp.  You can also use brown sugar in place of the coconut sugar.

This cookie dough is great for dipping fruits.  It can also be used to spread on graham crackers, toast, or eaten right off the spoon! Keep this cookie dough stored in an airtight container in the fridge.




This recipe makes about 1.5 cups of Cookie Dough.
Based on using Goya Chickpeas, Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple Peanut Butter, Coconut Sugar, original PureAlmond milk, and Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips: 2 tbsp yields approximately 90 calories and 4g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment