Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Green Breakfast Pudding

Yesterday was Meatless Monday from A to Z with this Monday's letter as K for kale.  For my kale recipe I made Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes.  Since I had lots of leftover kale I decided to try another new breakfast recipe with kale.  This was like eating a green smoothie in a bowl!


This recipe was adapted from Healthful Pursuit.  I made a few changes to the original recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup yogurt (I used plain Silk soy yogurt)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup fresh kale
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 30 green grapes
Directions:
  1. In a blender, combine yogurt, banana, kale, flax seeds, and lemon juice.  Blend until smooth and creamy.
  2. Put grapes in a serving bowl and pour smoothie batter on top.
This recipe can make one big bowl or two small bowls. (If making 2 servings, it is recommended to put 15 grapes in 2 separate bowls then add half the smoothie batter to each bowl.)

I love green food!

This breakfast is a great way to start your day with lots of fruit, some greens, and protein all in one meal first thing in the morning!



Based on the entire recipe:
Approximately 318 calories and 7.5g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment