Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Barbeque Tofu Pizza

I was in the mood for pizza but always have regular cheese pizza (I make it with daiya). Before becoming vegan, I used to love making barbeque chicken pizza, so I thought why not use tofu instead of chicken by turning the tofu into "chicken" nuggets.  This is how I made my pizza:

  1. Marinate tofu in Bragg's Liquid Aminos for an hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 375F.
  3. Slice tofu into squares and cover tofu squares in gluten free bread crumbs (This makes the "chicken" nuggets.)
  4. Bake in oven for 20 minutes on greased baking sheet.
  5. Flip tofu squares and cover with the remaining marinade from earlier.  Bake an additional 10 minutes.
  6. Cover pizza crust in barbeque sauce, top with daiya cheese, and tofu nuggets.  Bake about 10 minutes in 375F oven (or according to the directions for your pizza crust.)

No comments:

Post a Comment