Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pina Colada Banana Yogurt

I began this blog over a year ago as a place for me to keep my favorite recipes.  Having this collection online has been a great place to store recipes instead of having endless pieces of paper shoved in a folder or binder that can get ruined or lost.  Plus, it can take forever to find the specific recipe you want if you have to flip through endless recipes.  This blog has allowed me to easily find recipes that I have made before with just a few clicks so I can enjoy them again.  Another benefit to having a recipe blog online is I have access to it anytime and anywhere.

Pretty much up until this point, I have always recreated recipes that I have found online with minimal changes to suit my taste buds/preferences.  However, there are several recipes that I make that seem so simple that I wouldn't really call it a recipe, but I enjoy the meal/snack so much that I would love to make it again.  I have decided to start including these "recipes" on my blog so that I can enjoy some of my favorites over and over again.  Plus it might give others who stumble upon my blog some good ideas for interesting new meal or snack ideas.  This might also be helpful to new vegans or others who may just be discovering a gluten intolerance and may not have any idea of the endless amounts of food that can still be enjoyed.

Today, I have decided to share a snack, Pina Colada Banana Yogurt, that is not really a recipe, but it was a delicious combination!


Here is how I made this yogurt snack:

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt
  • 1/2 can 8oz diced pineapple chunks
  • 1 tbsp shredded coconut
  • 1/2 sliced banana
  • 2 tbsp granola (Any kind will do but I used Seedy Granola)
Directions:
  1. Drain can of pineapple chunks.
  2. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
If you like sweeter yogurt bowls, add some sweetener like stevia or agave.  Or you can leave some of the juice from the pineapple to use a more natural sweetener.  I personally didn't need any extra sweetener with how sweet the pineapple and banana were, plus I used sweetened coconut.


Once again, this is not really a recipe.  Anyone can toss together any fruits/toppings into yogurt.  Most people might find the convenience of buying prepackaged yogurts much easier to buy, but I enjoy creating my own versions and having control over the ingredients.  It really only takes an extra few minutes to mix all the ingredients together.  I hope you enjoy this yogurt snack as much as I did if you choose to try it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment