Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pad Thai Sauce

Being the peanut butter lover I am I knew I would love this sauce.  Add it to noodles and veggies and this was a dinner I could never get tired of.


I do not remember where I saw the original recipe.  I actually took bits and pieces of a few pad thai sauces I saw online to create my own to suit my own taste.  Here's how I made my Pad Thai Sauce:

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp water
  • 2 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
  • 1.5 tbsp natural peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co.)
  • 1 tsp sriracha
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp ginger

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.  (You may need to melt the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds first to help it mix with the other ingredients better.)
  2. Pour the sauce over rice or pasta, beans, and veggies.


I used this sauce over thin noodles with carrots, broccoli, and chickpeas.  This is such a great meal.  It has healthy fats, carbs, and veggies!




This entire sauce recipe yields approximately 140 calories and 4.5g protein.



No comments:

Post a Comment