Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gingerbread Oat Muffins

Last night I was in the mood for a yogurt bowl as an evening snack and I love adding fruits and muffins to my yogurt bowl.  I dug into my freezer and found that I had these Gingerbread Oat Muffins saved from when I made them over the holidays.  That is what I love about muffins, you can freeze them and they stay so fresh.  I just let it thaw out and reheated it in the microwave for a few seconds and it tasted just as fresh as before.


This recipe was adapted from here:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup GF oat flour
  • 1/2 cup GF instant oats
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 mashed large banana
  • 1/4 cup molasses (mild, not blackstrap)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  2. In a large, combine the dry ingredients.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond milk, banana, and molasses.  
  4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir well.
  5. Fill the muffin tins so they are about 2/3 full.
  6. Bake for 13-15 minutes.  Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the pan.

With this recipe, I was able to make about 9 muffins.  If you want to store these, or any type of muffin, what I do to keep them the freshest is wrap them individually in saran wrap.  Then, I place them all into a gallon sized ziploc bag and store them in the freezer.  When I want one, I take one out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter until it is thawed.  However, if you want to eat it immediately, reheat it in the microwave, oven, or a toaster oven will probably work really well.

What I love the most about this recipe is that all the sweetness comes naturally from the spices and the banana (just make sure to use a ripe banana).  Since there is no added sugar, these muffins can be enjoyed at any time of the day guilt-free and maybe even more than one muffin at a time! :-P




Based on making 9 muffins using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats and original Silk PureAlmond milk, this recipe yields approximately 111 calories and 2.5g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment