Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

PB&J Apple Oatmeal

Peanut butter goes well with so many fruits.  My favorite combination is peanut butter and banana.  My second favorite combination is peanut butter and apple.  One morning I was trying to decide what oatmeal combination I wanted and was torn between a PB&J Oatmeal or Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal.  I then had the greatest idea, why not combine the two?  The result?  A delicious breakfast!


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • sea salt
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple)
  • 1 tbsp peanut flour
  • 1/2 tbsp jam
  • 1/2 small apple, chopped
Directions:
  1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats, almond milk, and a dash of sea salt and stir to combine.
  2. Place in fridge overnight.  (Heat in the microwave for 1 minute first if you want even softer oats.)
  3. The next morning, reheat oatmeal for 1 minute.  Stir in peanut butter, peanut flour, and jam.
  4. Top with chopped apple!

If you don't have peanut flour, you can add an extra tablespoon of peanut butter.  I used the peanut flour for extra peanut taste (this stuff gives a strong peanut flavor that I love) and for the extra protein.  You can get peanut flour at iherb and first time users can use my code LWZ362 for a discount.



This recipe yields approximately 315 calories and 11g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment