Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Dark Chocolate PB Pumpkin Oats

This week is the letter N for Nutmeg in Meatless Mondays from A to Z.


Since nutmeg is an ingredient I use a lot to spice anything with pumpkin, I wanted to try something new.  I really wanted to bake muffins, cookies, or bars that would really highlight the flavor of nutmeg, but did not get the chance this past week; maybe sometime in the future.  I still do have a recipe with nutmeg, but it definitely is not the main ingredient and since this recipe was so delicious I knew I still had to add it to my blog.

This recipe was adapted from here:

Ingredients:



Directions:
  1. Combine oats and almond milk in a microwave-safe bowl.  Heat for 3 minutes.
  2. Stir in chia seeds and let sit for 10 minutes.
  3. Place in fridge uncovered overnight.
  4. The next morning stir in the other ingredients and eat cold or reheat.
Alternatively, you can just stir all ingredients together, microwave for about 3 minutes, and eat the morning of making this breakfast.


Unfortunately, I do not have a good picture of this oatmeal.  The chocolate peanut butter and orange pumpkin don't make the prettiest oatmeal bowl.  Maybe next time I make this I'll sprinkle the top with dried fruit and walnuts for a prettier picture and some extra yummy toppings!



Based on using original Silk PureAlmond milk and Bob's Red Mill GF Rolled Oats, this recipe yields:
Approximately 335 calories and 11g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment