Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I've been using a lot of pumpkin lately!  I've had pumpkin in my last three recipes:  Monday in Vegetable Lentil Stew, Tuesday in Pumpkin TVP Oats, and Wednesday in Walnut Pumpkin Pie.

You know when you open a can of pumpkin and only need a tablespoon or two and then you have a lot of extra canned pumpkin so everything you make that day or over the next few days includes pumpkin in some way?  (Except the pumpkin pie which used the entire can!) Yeah, I've been trying to include pumpkin in a lot these last few days.

Before I began eating a vegan diet, I used to go to Starbucks once in a great while (it was too expensive for me to go more frequently) and I loved the flavored lattes.  I don't know why I never tried making my own until now.  I guess it was always just easier to brew coffee, pour it in a mug, add soy cream and raw sugar, and go about my morning.

Well, since it's Fall and I had part of a can of pumpkin opened and I used to love pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, I decided to create my own and wow was it good!  I might have to make this again tomorrow morning (or every morning until that can of pumpkin is all used!)

I don't remember where I found this recipe but here's how I made my Pumpkin Spice Latte:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp raw sugar
  • 1 cup brewed coffee
  • 1 tsp raw sugar, or to taste (if desired)
  • 1.5 tbsp soy creamer, or to taste (I used Silk French Vanilla)
Directions:
  1. In a mug, combine almond milk, pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar and stir together.
  2. Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes, watching carefully so it does not overflow.
  3. Add brewed coffee to the mug.  Add sugar and creamer.
If you want to create the foam of a true latte, pour everything into a blender and blend until frothy.



Based on using originial Silk PureAlmond Milk, Silk French Vanilla Creamer, and 2 tsp raw sugar:
This recipe yields approximately 96 calories and 1/2g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment