Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Walnut Brussels Sprouts

Now that I have covered the main dish of my Thanksgiving meal with the Homemade Tofurkey, Quinoa Sage Stuffing, and the Sage Gravy, it is time to continue on to the side dishes.


This recipe was adapted from Parade Magazine.  I made a few changes to the original recipe and doubled it.  Here's how I made my Walnut Brussels Sprouts:

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp agave
  • 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1.5 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 pound brussels sprouts
  • 2 tbsp capers
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup walnuts pieces
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine agave, red wine vinegar, and Brussels sprouts.  
  2. Preheat a large skillet with olive oil.  Add Brussels sprouts mixture and fry Brussels sprouts until edges begin to curl and brown, about 3 minutes.
  3. Carefully add capers, they may splatter in the pan, and fry for 1 minute.
  4. Transfer everything to a serving bowl.  If desired, season with salt and pepper, and toss in walnut pieces.
These were really tasty and so easy to make that I'm definitely going to make these again as a side dish for dinner anytime.



I'm roughly estimating that this recipe yields about 6 servings.
1 serving is approximately 123 calories and 4.5g protein.


My other Thanksgiving 2012 dishes:
Homemade Tofurkey
Quinoa Sage Stuffing
Sage Gravy
Walnut Brussels Sprouts
Sweet Potato Casserole
Chocolate Pie with Graham Cracker Crust

No comments:

Post a Comment