Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Banana Split Bites

Last night I went to this small get-together party.  I wanted to bring a fruity treat that was sweet.  I decided this small party would be a great opportunity to try out these Banana Split Bites. 



I adapted this recipe from Oh She Glows. I actually used a little bit more bananas and strawberries in order to make more for my party.  Here's what I did to make these perfect bite-sized treats:

Ingredients:
  • 3 bananas (I cut them into about 12 pieces each)
  • strawberries (I didn't count out an exact amount)
  • 6 tbsp chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • shredded coconut (once again I did not measure this)
Directions:
  1. Place mini cupcake liners on a small baking sheet.
  2. Slice bananas and place 1 piece onto each mini cupcake liner.
  3. Slice the strawberries (make these smaller than the banana pieces) and place 1 piece onto each mini cupcake liner with the banana.
  4. Melt chocolate chips with the coconut oil on the stove or in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
  5. Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate onto a treat and immediately sprinkle shredded coconut on top. (Continue this process until all treats have chocolate and coconut on top.)
  6. Freeze for a minimum of 15 minutes.  If they are in the freezer for a long time, let them sit on the counter for about 15 minutes to soften up a bit. 


I made 40 treats with these ingredients.  Obviously, you can use more or less bananas and strawberries to make however many bites you want.  You can also make bigger bite-sized treats or smaller bite-sized treats.  This recipe is very adaptable.

If you don't eat these right away, or there are leftovers, store in a Tupperware container in the freezer and thaw 15 minutes before eating.
When I brought these to the party, they had started to defrost and get liquidy in the mini cupcake liner after about 2 hours of being out.  I recommend only taking these out of the freezer 15 minutes prior to serving.  When people are done eating, put them back in the freezer and take them out again later if anyone wants some more so they don't melt.



No comments:

Post a Comment