Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies through pinterest.  They seem very similar to this cookie dough I've made before (I haven't put up the recipe on my blog yet) but this recipe bakes the "dough" into actual cookies.  When I made these, I cut the recipe in half (I didn't need ALL those cookies around).  By halfing the recipe I made 13 cookies (I think mine were smaller than the cookies made in the original recipe.) 

Here's the recipe to make the full batch of cookies which was inspired from here:

Ingredients:
  • 1 and 1/4 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup agave
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Wet hands and form the dough into balls. The dough will be VERY sticky.
  5. Place each ball on parchment paper.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes

Note: Even if the cookies do not look completely done after 10 minutes,they will continue to bake slightly after taking them out of the oven as they are cooling.


These cookies are also very similar to these Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies.


Based on one cookie (depending on size of your ball):
Approximately 60 calories and 3g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment