Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Black Beans and Rice with Pineapple

For dinner last night, I felt like I needed a good source of protein after a workout so decided to make black beans and rice.  This is a pretty typical meal for me so I wanted to add something in to make it a little different.  Looking in the fridge, I found some pineapple that needed to get used up and thought the combination of black beans and pinepple would give an interesting flavor and be perfect for this hot summer weather.  The sweet pineapple definitely gave this meal a delicious kick.

I usually don't post recipes unless I have exact directions to follow, but I thought that this was such a creative meal and could and should be added as a great entree on my blog.  Since I was only cooking for myself, I just kind of estimated the amounts of everything until I had as much as I wanted for my meal, but here is a rough recipe:

Ingredients:
  • black beans
  • brown rice
  • pineapple (diced)
  • pineapple juice
  • seasonings (if desired)
Directions:
  1. In a pan, saute the black beans and brown rice in pineapple juice over medium high heat.
  2. Once the pineapple juice is almost evaporated, add in the diced pineapple (you want it warm but not too soft).
  3. Continue to heat until the pineapple juice is completely evaporated.  Add any seasonings if you want additional flavor. (I added some nutritional yeast).

I really enjoyed this last minute meal and will definitely be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment