Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Potato Bisquits

These bisquits make a great side or even a snack and were super easy to make.  I ate one warm right after it came out of the oven and it was good.  I also tried one warm with Earth Balance and that was also good.  But I actually enjoyed these best the next day at room temperature even without Earth Balance.


This recipe is adapted from here.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of mashed, cooked sweet potato (I used 2 small/med sized)
  • 1 cup Bisquick (I used gluten free)
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 tsp cider vinegar 
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
Directions:
  1. Cook the sweet potato until soft and mash it in a bowl.
  2. Preheat oven to 400F.
  3. Add all other ingredients to the mashed sweet potato and mix together until a dough forms.
  4. Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. (I rolled them into balls then gently pressed on the tops)
  5. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the tops are golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment