Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Quinoa Peach Pudding

About two months ago I was at my favorite restaurant, Great Sage, with a group of people from the cat shelter where I help volunteer.  For dessert, one person ordered Quinoa Pudding.  It was served in this small shot glass; it was called "Just A Taste" and it looked so good!  I absolutely love quinoa and thought this was an amazing idea.  I went home and immediately googled recipes to get some ideas of how I could make this at home.  After making my version, I definitely want to go back to Great Sage to compare how their version tasted.


This recipe was inspired from Great Sage's Quinoa Pudding:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 2 cups almond milk
  • 2 peaches (washed, peeled, and chopped)
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan.
  2. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to simmer on low for about 20 minutes, or until creamy. Adjust flavor and consistency if needed. (Mine actually took a while, and I added a little extra quinoa.)
  3. Spoon into 4 parfait classes and serve warm or chilled. (I served mine chilled, it gets thicker the longer its cooled in the fridge.)
This made 4 huge servings! You can add more peaches if you want more of a fruity flavor or try a different fruit!

Here is the pudding just about to start boiling in the saucepan.





I loved how easy this was to make and how much protein you get from the quinoa!  Next time I think I'll try strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment