Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Mango Almond Overnight Oats

Overnight Oats!  It's another very popular breakfast I hear about all the time.  I'm not the biggest oatmeal person, but every once in a while I like to change up my typical breakfast or just need something more filling to get me through the morning.  Since it's summer and these oats are eaten cold, I knew this would be the best time to try this recipe out.
My overnight oats aren't as thick as the original.  I think it's because I didn't use greek yogurt.  Maybe next time I'll add less yogurt or milk so it's thicker. But it was still very tasty!

This recipe was adapted from here:

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup yogurt (I used Silk vanilla)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon dried chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • 1 teaspoon agave
  • 1/2 mango, diced
Directions:
  1. In a mason jar, combine oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, almond butter, and agave.  Put lid on top and shake to combine.
  2. Add diced mango and stir with a fork until mixed throughout.
  3. Return lid to jar and place in the fridge overnight or up to 2 days.  Eat chilled!

The original recipe actually calls for 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, but since I had a nearly empty jar of almond butter I just used that and combined all my ingredients in that jar!  Great way to get every last drop of that almond butter!

I can't wait to try other flavor varieties!






No comments:

Post a Comment