Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nutella

I know I say this a lot, but Nutella is another food I really missed when I began a vegan diet.  I really don't know why I never think of these things myself but when I came across homemade Nutella online, I added it to my list of must make foods and finally got around to making this amazing dip!


This recipe was adapted from here. I did make quite a few changes to my recipe below:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup hazelnuts
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons agave
  • 4 tablespoons almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
  1. Roast hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes.
  2. After the hazelnuts are done roasting, gently rub off the skins from the hazelnuts with a towel. (They should come off easily.  It is okay if they do not all come off though.)
  3. Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine until smooth and creamy.
  4. Store in a jar in the fridge.

This Nutella is amazing eaten on anything! Spread on bread, fruits, crackers, or just eaten right out of the jar off a spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment