Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats

On Monday, I made Mango Almond Overnight Oats, which was delicious and a great filling breakfast.  Since the recipe only called for 1/4 cup yogurt, I had some extra and decided to make a different flavor and would have breakfast already prepared for a different day!  For my second jar of overnight oats I decided to make Strawberry Banana.
This recipe is adapted from here:
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup yogurt (I used Silk vanilla)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon dried chia seeds
  • 1 teaspoon agave
  • 1 small mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup sliced strawberries 
Directions:
  1. In a mason jar, combine oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, almond butter, and agave. Put lid on top and shake to combine.
  2. Add mashed banana and strawberries and stir with a fork until mixed throughout.
  3. Return lid to jar and place in the fridge overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled!
Not the greatest picture since everything had been stirred together before I took the picture, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment