Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Banana Chai Smoothie

This is a tasty, healthy smoothie perfect for breakfast.  Whenever I add oatmeal to a smoothie I just feel like it's made for breakfast.  Since this smoothie also has chai tea, it's great to wake up and enjoy this smoothie first thing in the morning!

I actually adapted my recipe from a few different recipes I found online, taking parts of each recipe or adding more or less of certain ingredients I liked.  Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 chai tea bag
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 tbsp GF rolled oats
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Brew chai tea bag in 1/2 cup boiling hot water.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Notes:  Feel free to add about 1/4 tsp guar gum (for creaminess) and 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (for thickness) if desired.



Sorry, but picture will be coming soon.  I didn't get a chance when I first made this smoothie, but I will definitely be making this again sometime very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment