Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Strawberry Chia Jam

I've been creating a lot of my own nut butters lately and even though I'm not as big of a jelly or jam fan, I knew I would love to try out a recipe anyway.  The thought of being able to use fresh fruit instead of canned (possibly with tons of added sugar) was inspiration enough.  I came across a recipe that sounded amazing and exactly what I was looking for (plus I had some strawberries that needed to be used up) so I made some jam and definitely will be making this again.

This recipe was adapted from here:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups strawberries
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
Directions:
  1. Blend strawberries in a food processor for about 10 seconds (just to roughly chop them unless you want more of a jelly consistency, then blend longer).
  2. Add chia seeds and mix with a spoon.
  3. Pour the mixture into a mason jar and put in the fridge to set for at least an hour before using.

You can even try making this jam with other fruits like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, or maybe even a mixture of fruits for a mixed berry jam!

This jam is good just on bread for breakfast, for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, on crackers, or any other way you would use store bought jam or jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment