Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Morning Start Green Juice

After watching the documentary, Fat Sick & Nearly Dead I really wanted to buy my own juice extractor.  I love green juices when I feel like I need some added nutrition of vitamins and minerals, or for days when I feel like I didn't eat enough fruits and veggies.  I have made "green smoothies" before in a blender and they would always have little spinach pieces or apple pieces floating around and they weren't very smooth smoothies.  They are also so quick and easy that they make a good drink first thing in the morning (I can have get a good amount of fruits, veggies, vitamins, and minerals before 7am!?) So what are some other benefits of green juices?
  1. A juice extractor quickly and easily takes out all the pulp, stems, seeds, leaves, etc. leaving you with a fresh and smooth juice.
  2. In liquid form, more nutrients get absorbed into your body and quicker (great for after workouts!)
  3. Since the fiber is removed from the fruits and veggies, your digestive system doesn't have to work as hard, giving it a break and some recovery time to help you feel more energized. (Just make sure to get your fiber elsewhere!)
  4. Easy way to get more fruits and veggies in your day.
  5. There are endless ways to create different varieties of juices by using different types of fruits and veggies in each one.
  6. All you have to do is wash, possibly make a few chops, and start your juicer!
  7. A juice extractor helps contain all the mess.  After juicing, simply put the removable parts in the dishwasher.  Then sit back and enjoy your healthy, tasty green juice.

Since this was my first green juice with my new juice extractor and I drank it first thing in the morning, I am calling this recipe Morning Start Green Juice.

Ingredients:
  • 1 orange
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1/2 small zucchini
  • 1 small celery stalk
  • handful of kale
Directions: Wash all fruit and veggies and peel the orange (the peel will make it bitter tasting).  Put the food in your juicer individually and let the machine do the work for you. Enjoy!


If you are interested in buying a juice extractor, here's the one I used by Bella.  I've only used it this once so far, so we'll see if it continues to work as well as it did today!

What a beautiful green color!




No comments:

Post a Comment