Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3 Bean Pasta

About a week ago I posted my 3 Bean Taco Salad I made with black beans, chickpeas, and kidney beans.  I mentioned how since I only used a few spoonfuls of each type of bean in my taco salad, I had plenty of extra beans in the fridge ready to be eaten.  After enjoying my spicy taco salad with the 3 different beans, the next day for dinner I was ready to use the 3 different types of beans in a pasta dish.  This meal, just like the taco salad, was super easy to make; it doesn't even really call for a "recipe" since all I did was combine pasta, sauce, and beans!


Ingredients:
  • a spoonful of chickpeas
  • a spoonful of black beans
  • a spoonful of kidney beans
  • pasta (I used thin rice noodles)
  • marinara sauce
  • nutritional yeast (optional)
Directions:  Cook pasta according to package directions.  Once the pasta is cooked, add marinara sauce and beans and top with nutritional yeast, if desired (for a cheesy taste).

You could also use a different variety of beans and more types or less types of beans. 


I needed a quick dinner and this couldn't have been more simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment