Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Beet Juice

It's the second Monday in August which means it is week 2 of the Meatless Mondays from A-Z Challenge.  This week is letter B and B is for Beets!  I actually chose a pretty simple recipe for today a juice smoothie that includes beets.

Better With Veggies

This recipe was adapted from Oh She Glows:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/2 beet
  • 1 apple
  • 1 orange
  • 1 cup kale
I tossed all those ingredients into my juice extractor to create my beet juice.  Unlike the original recipe I added kale and used an orange instead of grapefruit. My juice did not turn out that bright neon pink from the original recipe, but that could be because I added kale and/or didn't make a smoothie but juiced the ingredients. Either way it tasted great!
I also liked this recipe because it's a green juice that's not green.  There called green juices because you add leafy greens, but other vegetables may make different fun colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment