Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Here's another pizza crust recipe.  The texture of this crust is similar to my Quinoa Crust Pizza where it unfortunately is soft in the middle and not crispy.  Even though this crust was tasty (I loved the cauliflower) it was like I was eating vegetables with sauce and cheese similar to mixing all the ingredients in a bowl as a way to eat vegetables since I had to eat this with a fork.


This recipe was adapted from here:

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 1/2 cup gf oats
  • 3 flax eggs
  • seasonings (I used sea salt, nutritional yeast, italian seasoning, and garlic powder)
Directions:
  1. Grate up a head of cauliflower in a food processor until tiny rice-sized pieces form.  After grating, put it in a pan on the stove and mix with a spoon over medium-high heat for a few minutes to get some of the moisture out.
  2. Put the cauliflower in a large bowl.  Add in oats and flax eggs and stir to combine.  Then mix in the seasonings.
  3. Spread on a pizza pan and bake the crust in a 425F oven for 35 minutes. 
  4. When crust is baked, add sauce, cheese, and toppings*.  Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.  Allow the pizza to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
This recipe made one large pizza.

*For my toppings, I shredded up some asparagus.  I got the idea from here.


I'm sure if you cook the crust longer it would eventually get crispier in the middle, though you may have to cut off the burnt crust ends.  Next time, I think I'm going to try to make the crust thicker on the outside and thinner on the inside and see if that helps the middle get crispy and the ends stay softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment