Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip

I love the idea of Meatless Mondays.  Even though I never eat meat, it's a great way for other people interested in decreasing the amount of meat they eat to have a devoted day of the week not to eat any meat.  As I was reading some blogs, I came across this cool Meatless Monday challenge

Better With Veggies

Since I never eat meat, I thought this might be a cool challenge to experiment with different foods.  Today began the challenge so of course the letter was A and A is for Artichokes.  Perfect! I love artichokes.  I decided to make this Spinach Artichoke dip I have been wanting to try out.


This recipe is adapted from Happy Herbivore:

Ingredients:
  • 6 oz fresh spinach (measure after cooking)
  • 1 can artichokes (in water)
  • 2 whole garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
  • 2 tablespoons brown rice flour (or whole wheat flour if you don't need this to be gluten free)
  • pinch of sea salt
Directions:
  1. Fill a pan with a small amount of water and cook spinach until the leaves turn dark green (about 5 minutes).
  2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
I love how simple this recipe is.  I tried the dip with some chips and it was good.  Then I tried it with some carrots and I liked it even more.  I think this dip may also make a great filling in a corn tortilla with some chickpeas. Enjoy!


Next time I make this I'm going to add cannellini beans for more creaminess.  I'll let you know how that goes as soon as I try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment