Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Black Bean Peach Salad

A lot of times for dinner, I'll look in the fridge to see what food I have and then think of what I can do to "create" a new meal with what I have.  I eat a lot of rice and beans, or veggies and beans, or maybe all three in various ways like maybe tossing in some tofu or tempeh.  By adding new ingredients it is a good way to enjoy a common meal with a new flavor twist, giving me more options so I don't feel like I'm eating the same thing over and over.  This time I added some fruit - peaches.  And even though I didn't follow a "recipe" this meal is still good enough that I would create it again so it deserves a post on my blog.


Here's what I added to my Black Bean Peach Salad:
  • romaine lettuce (or use baby spinach leaves or some other greens)
  • 1 chopped peach
  • black beans
  • salsa
  • nutritional yeast
 I added salsa to the mixture for flavor and to make the salad less dry but any kind of sauce or dressing will work.  And any additional seasonings you want to add for additional flavor will work too!

This meal was perfect since I got home late and needed a quick dinner.  Plus there was NO clean up necessary besides putting ingredients back where they belong and my bowl in the dishwasher when I was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment