Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blueberry Beet Overnight Oats

I bought some beets for this Beet Juice (which was very tasty btw) but the beets I bought came in a pack of 3 and I only needed 1/2 a beet for that juice.  The other 1/2 of that one beet went into a juice that didn't turn out right :( But I still had 2 whole beets left.  Instead of just boiling the beets and eating them plain or in a salad, I kept my eyes open as I read blogs and surfed the internet hoping to find a new recipe to try for anything that had beets.  Surprisingly I found one and it used beets for breakfast in oatmeal!  I never would have thought of that idea so I tried it out.


This recipe was adapted from here:

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup boiled beets
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup gf rolled oats
  • 1 handful blueberries
  • sweetener of choice, to taste (I used agave)
Directions:
  1. In a blender, puree beets and almond milk together until smooth.
  2. Pour into a mason jar and mix in chia seeds, oats, and blueberries.
  3. Put in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, add sweetener and if desired top with additional blueberries.

I was surprised at how sweet this tasted!  The beets and blueberries make a great combination.  And the best part of this breakfast was the color - it was so bright! (Which my camera did not do too well a job of capturing.)





No comments:

Post a Comment