Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cherry Yogurt Parfait

I mentioned a few days ago that I was really enjoying yogurt parfaits in the morning for breakfast, but I have only put up one recipe so far, my Peach Yogurt Parfait.  I thought I would share today another yogurt parfait recipe with a different fruit I used, cherries!  I have been really enjoying cherries lately, so sweet and juicy!  I have been eating them plain, dipped in Nutella, and in this yogurt parfait!


I actually followed the exact same directions and used the exact same ingredients, except of course replacing the peaches with cherries, but here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup yogurt (I used Silk vanilla soy yogurt)
  • handful of cherries, quartered and pitted 
  • granola (I used this homemade Light Granola)
  • 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
Directions:
  1. Stir chia seeds into the yogurt and prepare cherries.
  2. Layer the parfait however you want. I added cherries, then yogurt, then granola, and repeated.
  3. If desired, sprinkle additional chia seeds on top!

Once again, this parfait can be for breakfast, a snack, or a dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment