Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Peach Yogurt Parfait

I have been really enjoying fruit, yogurt, and granola for breakfast lately in various combinations.  Some days I'll toss everything into a bowl and mix it all together.  Other days I'll make it into a parfait by layering all the ingredients.

I even add chia seeds for extra protein, fiber, and omega-3.


What I love about parfaits is you can create different parfait combinations with different flavored yogurts, different granolas, and different fruits. 


Here's how I made this Peach Yogurt Parfait:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup yogurt (I used Silk vanilla soy yogurt)
  • 1 peach
  • granola (I used this homemade Light Granola)
  • 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
Directions:
  1. Stir chia seeds into the yogurt and slice peach into bite sized pieces.
  2. Layer the parfait however you want.  I first added peaches, then yogurt, then granola, and repeated.
  3. If desired, sprinkle additional chia seeds on top!

This parfait is not just meant for breakfast.  It could make a great afternoon snack or a healthy dessert after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment