Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Yesterday I posted a recipe for baked tempeh.  Along with the baked tempeh I had also made my baked asparagus and had baked sweet potato fries for dinner last Sunday.  I guess I was in a baked dinner mood : p

If your in the mood for a baked dinner, this meal was very easy to put together.  Now that the baked tempeh and baked asparagus are up on this blog, I'll include the baked sweet potato fries!


This recipe was adapted from Engine 2:

Ingredients:
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • Optional: seasonings (like sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, etc.)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450F.
  2. Wash the sweet potatotes then cut into fries or coin rounds.  You can cut them thin or thick depending on your preference.
  3. Line a baking sheet with foil (easier clean up) and spray with cooking spray. 
  4. Place fries in a single layer and add seasonings if desired.  Cover the fries with foil and bake  for 15 minutes.
  5. Remove foil, turn fries, and continue to cook for 10-15 more minutes. (Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your fries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment