Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cherry Pancakes

I love making pancakes on Sunday mornings.  Yesterday, I mentioned how I have been also loving cherries!  Well since I had some leftover (ones that hadn't been eaten in my yogurt parfait, dipped in Nutella, or eaten washed out of the bag) I decided to make cherry pancakes!

As usual, I made a few changes from the original recipe.  I think the changes turned my pancakes from the pink color I was expecting (as shown in the original recipe) to a blueish color.  But they still tasted really good and it's always fun to have different colored food!

This recipe was adapted from here: (If you want to try to get those pink pancakes, try following the exact original recipe and let me know how they turn out!)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted (measure before blending)
  • 1 cup gluten free bisquick
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
Directions:
  1. In a blender, puree cherries until smooth.  (I recommend blending only about 3/4 cherries and roughly chopping the other 1/4 for more texture.  Or blend all cherries and just add additional chopped cherries.)
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and flaxseeds.
  3. Whisk in the cherry puree and almond milk and combine completely.
  4. Scoop batter by 1/4 cup onto an oiled skillet over medium low heat.  Cook both sides of each pancake until golden brown.

I made 10 pancakes with this recipe.



You can even top these pancakes with more chopped cherries!


I didn't think about taking this picture until I had already eaten 2 of the pancakes.  Plus, they smelled really good and I couldn't wait any longer to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment