Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Peach Hemp Smoothie

I love protein smoothies after working out.  I had recently frozen some peaches and knew they would be a perfect ingredient for a fruity smoothie.  Instead of adding my usual protein powder, I thought about switching it up and adding hemp seeds, which are very high in protein.  The combination was perfect and so delicious!  I really enjoyed this after my workout!


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 frozen peach
  • 1 tbsp hemp seeds
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (I used Almond Coconut flavor)
Directions:
  1. Thaw fruit so that it will easily blend in a blender (unless using a high speed blender). 
  2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy!


Tip: To have fruit thawed and ready to go right after a workout, I actually put the frozen banana in the fridge (they thaw really fast and I wanted it thawed and cold, but not brown and warm) and put the frozen peach on the counter to thaw before I went to work out.  When I got home the fruit was at a perfect state to be blended into my smoothie.


This was super quick to make after working out so that I was able to get all that nutrition right when my body needed it most!

No comments:

Post a Comment