Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oat Pancakes

Yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Day!  I was very disappointed my chocolate chip cookies were a fail, but these pancakes turned out pretty good so I was glad I could use chocolate chips successfully!  These pancakes were like eating a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie!


This recipe was adapted from Minimalist Baker. I made a few changes to the original recipe.  Here's how I made my pancakes:

Ingredients:
  • 1 very ripe medium banana, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 flax egg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • 3 tablespoons almond milk
  • 1/2 cup rolled gf oats
  • 1/4 cup gf flour*
  • vegan chocolate chips (I used the brand by Enjoy Life)
Directions:
  1. Combine mashed banana, baking powder, flax egg, salt, vanilla, almond butter, and almond milk and stir together.
  2. Stir in oats and flour until just combined.  You can gently fold in chocolate chips now or
  3. Scoop batter (about 1/4 cup) onto lightly greased griddle.  Add chocolate chips onto each pancake now.
  4. Cook pancakes so that they are lightly golden on each side.
Yield: 4 pancakes

* I used 1/8 cup garbanzo bean flour.  It has a strong flavor so I wanted to use slightly less so it wouldn't over-power the pancakes.  It was good with the garbanzo bean flour but next time I think I'll use 1/4 cup brown rice flour since I like the flavor much better. Or coconut flour sounds tasty!
(I'll update when I make these again with a different gf flour and let you know how they taste.)









No comments:

Post a Comment